Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 11:34 AM
Westwindpilot86

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey,

I have my setup of the lines just like your except my fuel filter is after my pump. And my shutoff valve is between turbine and fuel filter. The rest of your layout looks good.

The fuel vent I put on the bottom of the jet. I'll take a picture of were it is on my T-3 and upload later.

I didnt wrap my vent line around the tank before heading to the vent on the bottom of the jet.

And with the fill line, I just cap it off and tuck it under a velcro strap when not in use. Usually the velcro strap that holds it down is already in use holding a battery or something.

Hopefully that helps.

Steven

Last edited by Westwindpilot86; 03-02-2019 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:00 AM
Air3D540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Westwindpilot86
Hey,

I have my setup of the lines just like your except my fuel filter is after my pump. And my shutoff valve is between turbine and fuel filter. The rest of your layout looks good.

The fuel vent I put on the bottom of the jet. I'll take a picture of were it is on my T-3 and upload later.

I didnt wrap my vent line around the tank before heading to the vent on the bottom of the jet.

And with the fill line, I just cap it off and tuck it under a velcro strap when not in use. Usually the velcro strap that holds it down is already in use holding a battery or something.

Hopefully that helps.

Steven
Awesome, yeah that helps a lot. Thanks!
Old 03-10-2019, 03:08 AM
dribar

Originally Posted by BlueBus320
I received my “Silver Rockstar” PNP with lights from Dirk a week or 2 ago. I haven’t touched it yet, but am very impressed with the quality
I've been studying your pictures as I ordered the PNP version with bags also. Trying to figure out what little bits I'll still need once it shows up in a month. I have my radio gear (Spektrum AR12310T) and the K-85 all waiting for the airframe. What other little parts am I going to need that I'm not thinking about yet? Thanks!
Old 03-10-2019, 05:17 PM
Ducted Fan Dan
My Feedback: (2)

To those of you running smoke either on this plane or others, this is my first airplane with smoke and from the research I've done it looks to me like you just slide the smoke line from the pump onto the steel pipe going to the sprayer without any safety wire or clamps of any kind, is this correct? I am using the Pacific RC Jets smoke tube and believe that it is made for 6mm tubing. Any advice would help, thanks!
Old 03-11-2019, 04:44 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Ducted Fan Dan
To those of you running smoke either on this plane or others, this is my first airplane with smoke and from the research I've done it looks to me like you just slide the smoke line from the pump onto the steel pipe going to the sprayer without any safety wire or clamps of any kind, is this correct? I am using the Pacific RC Jets smoke tube and believe that it is made for 6mm tubing. Any advice would help, thanks!
My smoke tube is the same size. I used tygon tubing, but a little more then normal on the smoke tube, like over one inch and lockwire it down....didn’t move at all last summer....
Old 03-11-2019, 06:22 AM
Ducted Fan Dan
My Feedback: (2)

Cool, thank you. I think I'll put a flare on the end like on a brake line, I know its probably overkill but I've already overkilled this jet! Click image for larger version

Name:	PA280120.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	2263625
Old 03-11-2019, 09:43 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Be very careful not to accidentally further crimp the exit end of the steel line. I accidentally did this when bending the exit nozzle into position resulting in excessive back-pressure from the pump, which caused the tygon to come off the steel tube. Fortunately I discovered this during a ground test so it was not serious and pretty easy to clean up, if this had happened in flight it could have resulted in a fire. I had the tygon over the steel tubing about 1.5 inches with two safety wires to clamp it down, it was really tight, but this Kingtech smoke pump is very powerful. -Tom
Old 03-11-2019, 10:06 AM
Dansy

To bend those tubing....I used a Small mini tube bender, I does crimp the tube..and can do intricate bending if required, like mu tube goes all the way to the back on my T-1....

https://www.amazon.com/Small-Mini-Tu.../dp/B01FOQJJYW
Old 03-11-2019, 11:24 AM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by Dansy
To bend those tubing....I used a Small mini tube bender, I does crimp the tube..and can do intricate bending if required, like mu tube goes all the way to the back on my T-1....

https://www.amazon.com/Small-Mini-Tu.../dp/B01FOQJJYW
Thanks for the link, that bender could come in handy.

My tube also runs the full length, I accidentally crimped it trying to bend the end and into the exhaust stream.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:22 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

I got 4 more flights on mine today, that only makes 6 total for me. I’m really having an issue with the brakes as soon as I get on them I’m sliding sideways, looks like I might need to buy the xicoy controller with the gyro..

These were also the first flights at my home field which is asphalt, it’s a lot shorter at only 400’, I used pretty much all the runway.

I bought some of the 3m clear bra material they sell, I got it off amazon in a 4” x 36” strip for like $10. I put it on the wingtips in case I happen to drag a tip to try to save paint. I didn’t need them today but someday I might. It went on really easy with a little heat from a heat gun around the tips.

Last edited by camss69; 03-18-2019 at 05:53 AM.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:05 PM
firehawkzach

So the maiden happened today and it went great! Slightly nose heavy on the first flight and corrected on the second. Had the LH MLG hang on the second flight and could not get it down in flight. After an uneventful belly landing in the grass the gear of course came down....

https://youtu.be/O_wHEFFAVy4
https://youtu.be/fpIYsZo25vQ

For whatever reason it won't let me paste the URL.

Last edited by firehawkzach; 03-17-2019 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:42 AM
dribar

Originally Posted by camss69
I bought some of the 3m clear bra material they sell, I got it off amazon in a 4” x 36” strip for like $10. I put it on the wingtips in case I happen to drag a tip to try to save paint. I didn’t need them today but someday I might. It went on really easy with a little heat from a heat gun around the tips.
Great idea.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:54 AM
camss69

Originally Posted by firehawkzach

So the maiden happened today and it went great! Slightly nose heavy on the first flight and corrected on the second. Had the LH MLG hang on the second flight and could not get it down in flight. After an uneventful belly landing in the grass the gear of course came down....

Congrats on the maiden! I also had a gear hang half way up but was able to get it to come down. I landed and checked them and couldn’t find anything wrong with it. It worked fine on the next flight.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:00 AM
T3chDad

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Very nice firehawkzach!
Old 03-18-2019, 07:23 AM
firehawkzach

Congrats on the maiden! I also had a gear hang half way up but was able to get it to come down. I landed and checked them and couldn’t find anything wrong with it. It worked fine on the next flight.
Thanks bud! This LH retract has been acting up since I got the jet. I thought I had it working after loosening the mounting screws and snugging them down. On the maiden they worked great so I'm not sure what happened. I'm going to check alignment and go from there.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:24 AM
firehawkzach

Originally Posted by T3chDad
Very nice firehawkzach!
Thanks! I wish the video had been better. My friend was not used to filming jets lol.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:46 AM
Tip22v

Love that green scheme! Congrats on the maiden. I occasionally have one of the gear fail to retract all the way, I just cycle the gear and have always been able to fix it in flight, never been able to duplicate this on the ground. However, failure to extend could be caused by the strut compressing against the wing structure in the wheel well during the retraction process (I found this problem on my first T1 mini, however the subsequent two that I have bought and built did not have this problem) I posted a fix for this a few months ago in this thread, I'll see if I can find the thread # for you. No guarantee it will fix your problem but it's easy to check and very easy to fix if it is your problem. -Tom
Thread #926

Last edited by Tip22v; 03-18-2019 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:56 AM
Tip22v

I got 4 more flights on mine today, that only makes 6 total for me. I’m really having an issue with the brakes as soon as I get on them I’m sliding sideways, looks like I might need to buy the xicoy controller with the gyro..

These were also the first flights at my home field which is asphalt, it’s a lot shorter at only 400’, I used pretty much all the runway.

Good idea on the clear tape, I'm definitely going to order some soon.
I understand what you mean when operating from a short runway, I operate my jets from a 300' asphalt runway. Don't worry, you will using half of that 400' soon. I very rarely use more than 200' to land but I use the Xicoy LG-15 to keep the braking straight. -Tom
Old 03-18-2019, 05:54 PM
firehawkzach

Originally Posted by Tip22v
Love that green scheme! Congrats on the maiden. I occasionally have one of the gear fail to retract all the way, I just cycle the gear and have always been able to fix it in flight, never been able to duplicate this on the ground. However, failure to extend could be caused by the strut compressing against the wing structure in the wheel well during the retraction process (I found this problem on my first T1 mini, however the subsequent two that I have bought and built did not have this problem) I posted a fix for this a few months ago in this thread, I'll see if I can find the thread # for you. No guarantee it will fix your problem but it's easy to check and very easy to fix if it is your problem. -Tom
Thread #926
Thanks Tom! I'll try to find it as well and I really appreciate it. I'm going to try and work on it tomorrow evening and do some gear swings to see where its binding. The gear appeared to go all the way up into the well but failed to extend until I flipped the switch carrying it after the belly landing lol.

I let an expert fly the maiden and the second flight and I'm hopeful I will get to fly it the next time we are out. My buddy box is not ready but the plane needed to fly as it was time. It looked great in the air and really moved fast on the full throttle pass!

Zach
Old 03-18-2019, 06:13 PM
camss69

Originally Posted by Tip22v
Good idea on the clear tape, I'm definitely going to order some soon.
I understand what you mean when operating from a short runway, I operate my jets from a 300' asphalt runway. Don't worry, you will using half of that 400' soon. I very rarely use more than 200' to land but I use the Xicoy LG-15 to keep the braking straight. -Tom
I think I’m landing way faster than I need too, I need to take it up and see how slow I can get it before it falls out of the sky. Then just spend a couple of flights shooting approaches and I’ll be dialed after that I’m sure. Unfortunately I think I’m going to need to go the LG-15 route as well.

Zach, that green scheme looks killer, really like it!
Old 03-19-2019, 09:35 AM
Tip22v

Thanks Tom! I'll try to find it as well and I really appreciate it. I'm going to try and work on it tomorrow evening and do some gear swings to see where its binding. The gear appeared to go all the way up into the well but failed to extend until I flipped the switch carrying it after the belly landing lol.

I let an expert fly the maiden and the second flight and I'm hopeful I will get to fly it the next time we are out. My buddy box is not ready but the plane needed to fly as it was time. It looked great in the air and really moved fast on the full throttle pass!

Zach
Let us know what you find...-Tom
Old 03-22-2019, 04:01 AM
dribar

5 weeks today.....
Old 03-22-2019, 07:03 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by dribar
5 weeks today.....
‘I think you need to lower your expectations.... LOL 😝 6 weeks is ready to ship.....maybe..
Old 03-23-2019, 01:24 AM
dribar

Originally Posted by Dansy
I think you need to lower your expectations.... LOL 😝 6 weeks is ready to ship.....maybe..
Right! I may have an extra delay due to Chinese New Year (I've been told).
Old 03-25-2019, 09:09 AM
camss69

Only had a couple hours to fly yesterday but I think I have the landings dialed now.. was landing too fast before and I was able to really get it slowed up and landing really nicely. I had zero headwind the past two weekends so any headwind in the future will be a help.. my last flight yesterday was really fun with a perfect landing, now I can start messing with the gyro and maybe install the GPS module.. maybe even get a pic or video lol..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.